Invitation for Applications
Applications for 2013/14 Al-Fakhoora International Masters Scholarships are now open
Al-Fakhoora’s Dynamic Futures Programme is a co-funded by Al-Fakhoora Campaign in cooperation with Islamic Development Bank (IDB), and implemented by United Nations Development Programme/ Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People UNDP/PAPP.
Dynamic Futures aims to build a cadre of educated and trained young leaders who are civic-minded, intellectually able, and professionally skilled to become the community, business, and national leaders of the future.
The programme is pleased to launch its third phase of Al-Fakhoora International Masters Scholarships, and invites candidates to apply for fully funded one year post graduate studies at UK based universities for the academic year 2013/14.
Eligible candidates must meet the following requirements:
- An undergraduate degree with a cumulative average of 75%
- International TOFEL score of 550 or IELTS of 6.0. Conditional acceptance can be granted to candidates who have scored at least 530 in the local TOEFL.
- Be below the age of 36yrs.
- Present strong leadership skills, with ambition to qualify for a leadership position in Palestine
- Interest in studying in a UK based university
- Provide essay highlighting the importance of your selected area of specialty and its relevance in the development of Palestine
- Present commitment to return to Palestine after graduation to contribute to development of the industry pertaining to his/her area of study
- Present active interest in participating in an advocacy related activities
- A Gaza Strip resident
- Provide evidence of financial need to cover the expenses of the post graduate studies
Applicants are encouraged to apply to any area of specialty they are interested in, however they must provide evidence of the local market’s labour needs for the selected specialty.
We invite applications from creative and dedicated candidates who meet the above criteria and aim to be experts in their fields and future leaders.
- Interested applicants may complete the file in either Acrobat Reader or Microsoft Word, we prefer Acrobat but if you have difficulty using it then you may use Word.
- For Acrobat:
- Please confirm you are using Adobe Acrobat Reader and then access the application from here.
- Upon completion of the application please save it with your first and family names such as elvis-presley.pdf and send the completed form and accompanying documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Word:
- Download the file here and complete all of the fields.
- Upon completion of the form please save it with your first and family names such as elvis_presley.doc and any accompanying documents to email@example.com
- The deadline for receiving the COMPLETED application forms is the 10th of February 2013.
- Applicants are advised to provide accurate information with regard to their economic conditions; failure to do so will result in the immediate disqualification of the application.
- Any application without an attached English language proficiency test document will be excluded. If the applicant does not have any previous TOEFL or IELTS certificate, but has scored a minimum of 530 on local TOEFL, then he/she will be granted a conditional eligibility. However, shortlisted candidates will be requested to register for the international TOEFL or ILETS tests of year 2013.
For Further inquiries, please do not hesitate to write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, please write your full name in the subject area.
For further information on the scholarship, please visit Dynamic Futures on Al-Fakhoora website: http://fakhoora.org/dynamic-futures